Tuesday, September 15, 2009

With all the budget changes going on in the public school system the teachers seem to be the last ones on the priority list. Our office staff has been cut to a bare minimum, so if a teacher needs anything at all they are on their own! Take today for example. I was working late and walked out to get into my car after putting in over nine hours at school. I walked towards the office and noticed everything was locked up. I looked at my watch and sure enough the staff had left early and in their efficiency they closed every exit from the school to the parking lot. Great. I walked around the school for fifteen minutes. Not one exit was available, and not only that, but I have no key to this lockdown. I finally had to throw my belongings over the gated fence and scale the sucker. Of course a parent happened to be driving in. They were alarmed that someone was trying to break out of the school. "It's okay I yelled. I am a teacher!" I had a hard time convincing her, since she is a PTA parent and she has a key. She let me out with a smug smile. Her last comments were, "maybe you should see about getting a key!" I reassured her I would look into it. It's all in a days work.

1 comment:

Hello educational fans!